Paying for services over the Internet requires you to provide your personal identifying information and credit card information to the web site. There are a number of practices that make providing sensitive credit card information more secure and therefore make you feel more comfortable about doing so. We accept credit card payments for services performed by our facilities on our web site. We use the following e-commerce practices to insure the security of your personal financial information:
- When processing your credit card payment, we will ask for the card type, account number, expiration date, and your card’s billing address.
- All credit card information will be transmitted to us in an encrypted format using industry-standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
- When a credit card transaction is completed, we will not maintain your credit card number on our web servers.
We will keep this information in the strictest confidence and will make every effort to maintain the privacy and security of the information at all times.
The following online payment options are available in our website:
- PATIENT OFFICE INITIAL APPOINTMENT PAYMENTS
- PATIENT DISABILITY FORM COMPLETION
- PATIENT MEDICAL RECORDS REQUEST
- PATIENT SERVICES PAYMENTS
By making payment on Dr. Lawrence Tucker’s website I acknowledge that I am an authorized user of the credit card and Dr. Lawrence Tucker can and will pursue collections of chargebacks within the Guidelines of FTC and Texas State.
Please select a payment item from the dropdown list below & click PAY NOW
IF YOU MISSED AN APPOINTMENT AND/OR DO NOT CANCEL within 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged a $50 fee. You will be asked to sign a credit card authorization form or leave a $50 dollar check on file should you fail to keep an appointment. Completion of Disability and other forms, request for medical records and leaving the office without rescheduling are fees dues to the physician and not covered by insurance and the responsibility of the patient. THE ABOVE RULES REGARDING RETAINERS AND MISSED APPOINTMENTS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS AND IF WE FAIL TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINE WE MAY BE FINED. UNDER THE FOLLOWING FEDERAL STATUES: Chapter 12, section 30.3.13 of the Medicare Claims Processing Manual, which is attached to CR5613 AND Under section 1128A(a)(5) of the Social Security Act (the Act), enacted as part of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
First Visit Information
Hello, my name is Dr. Lawrence Tucker and I welcome you to my practice in Plano, Texas. We are located in close proximity to the Dallas area. I guess you have come to seek answers to psychological and psychiatric problems afflicting you. I will do my best to answer those questions you may have. Perhaps you have been referred by your insurance company, primary care physician, friend or self. I welcome most, if not all, psychiatric evaluations.
The initial evaluation will allow me to determine what the best personalized course of treatment will be for your illnesses. My recommendation for treatment may include an outside referral if the problem is beyond the scope of my practice, requiring a specialist, or inpatient treatment, if the severity of the condition requires frequent crisis intervention. If you have a very severe substance abuse problem which is out of control, and is making you lose your family or involves a DUI and other legal problems, I will refer a psychiatrist that provides treatment.
Fortunately, most, if not all, detoxification from drugs can now be perform safely in outpatient settings without the need of hospitalization and too much disruption from family and work. However, on complicated cases where life, family and health is severely compromised and in danger at hospitalization, A Baker Act for psychiatric emergencies or a March man Act for drug and alcohol intoxicated patient who are clear in danger to themselves and others will be required with the coordination of family members and local police authorities.
I try to keep the practice simple and personal, but as you can see from the paperwork involved, federal and state regulations mandate a huge number of forms and signatures to protect your privacy. First upont receipt your of receipt of name and email, your will receive pre-registration packet consisting of the information listed here, a form requesting information from your insurance company and permission for us to bill for your services and finally a credit card authorization form permitting us to debit your card 50 dollars to recevie your appointment. This 50 dollars will be applied towards a credit in your first visit co insurance pay. Please complete the paperwork and don’t get too frustrated; you probably have enough on your mind before I evaluate you. Completed paper work is required because of these regulations in order for me to render any care. We need to get the administrative work out of the way to best serve your needs, which allows me to spend more time and energy towards providing care for you. I will summarize the rules that has been expected of us and passed down to provide treatment for your condition.
- WE DO NOT PERFORM Telephone Refills. You need to keep your scheduled appointments in order for me to provide you with medication based treatment. Our prescriptions are completely electronic via E-Prescribe. This means that prescriptions are usually ready by the time you arrive at the pharmacy because the pharmacy has the opportunity to verify and Submit the prescription more efficiently. It also means access to pharmacy records which will help prevent significant drug interactions. We also have the ability to clarify information for the pharmacy by phone at (972) 473-7628.
- WE DO NOT PRESCRIBE Methadone, Alprazolam (Xanax) , Hydrocodone (Percocets), Diazepam, Oxycodone or amphetamine stimulants. As I mentioned on my webpage for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, I diagnose and treat ADHD after all other illnesses have been subdued and stabilized through the course of treatment.
- If you are having a life and death crisis, please call 911 as soon as possible and then call me to see what else I can do to help. If you are having a drug reaction, please call me, so I can intervene.
- If you are self referred, or physician referred, you will be required to sign a credit authorization of $50 dollars in the event you fail to keep your appointment. If you prefer you can give us a check for $50 then do so before your appointment. We will not process your credit card or check until the day of the appointment if you fail to show up. Failing to keep your initial appointment displaces other patients and incurs time and fees. If your case was the direct referral of an insurance company that is cased managed then this fee is waived but we have to inform the referring insurance company of your failed appointment.
- IF YOU MISSED AN APPOINTMENT AND/OR DO NOT CANCEL within 24 hours notice, you will be charged a $50 fee. You will be asked to sign a credit card authorization form or leave a $50 dollar check on file should you fail to keep an appointment. A missed appointment is not compensated by insurance companies to a practice, even though much administrative work was required in order to set up and verify the appointment. The physician has limited time in the office; it is not fair to other patients who are missing that opportunity to use that time. This fee is not reimbursable by the insurance company and must be paid by the patient at the time of the next office visit. Medicare now permits physicians to charge for missed appointments. A second missed appointment without 24 hour notification may result in automatic closure of your record and a report to your insurance company of your no show.
- THE ABOVE RULES REGARDING RETAINERS AND MISSED APPOINTMENTS ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS AND IF WE FAIL TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINE WE MAY BE FINED $10,000 UNDER THE FOLLOWING FEDERAL STATUES: Chapter 12, section 30.3.13 of the Medicare Claims Processing Manual, which is attached to CR5613 AND Under section 1128A(a)(5) of the Social Security Act (the Act), enacted as part of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- I do not perform supportive therapy or any other type of psychotherapy over the phone. However medications alone will not be the only source to help your recovery as therapy done trained individuals speed up your recovery and minimize recurrence of your behavior. Therefore all patients are required to be assigned to one of our board certified psychologist or substance abuse professional after the initial evaluation with a physician psychiatrist or myself. Please plan ahead so your appointment time can be used conducting therapy face-to-face, in the office.
- If multiple phone calls are made most, if not all, insurance companies give physicians the billing code and permission to bill for these telephone services. Email is always the best and fastest way to get an answer from me. The telephone does not provide the quality of care that I demand for you with your problem. In case of life or death crisis, dial 911, and then contact me so I can help manage any continued care.
- If you are not satisfied with our care, you have the right to choose another physician and we will give you 30 days notice along with medication so you can be happy in finding another treatment facility.
- Please expect a one to two hour evaluation for the first visit since it will include a urine drug screen, vital signs, EKG, blood laboratory analysis and state of the art computer neuropsychiatric screening, the evaluation by the psychiatrist, nutritional and medication education by our medical assistant. Follow up medication appointments are usually less of a wait but follow up therapy visits take about one hour. WE DON’T RUSH PATIENTS, especially in your first visit when you came to figure out what is wrong with you. Some insurance companies will not pay for the Urine Drug screen but is a required screening in the initial evaluation and a fee of $35 will have to be paid.
- Please be kind to the front office, and accounting personnel. They are working very hard to help you with your concerns by navigating any administrative obstacles you may face, including working with your insurance company and answering prescription questions from a pharmacy. Please don’t harass them or yell at them if I am spending extra time with a patient. My priority is to provide a personalized level of care for each patient. We understand that you may be already stressed, so please plan ahead by having a flexible schedule to minimize any extra stress caused by a conflict. I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS NEW CONCEPT OF CONCIERGE MEDICINE. All our patient receives medical care that we physicians were trained to provide.
- Request for medical records are handled via fax or e-mail only. Our system is maintained by a HIPAA compliant server to protect your records. We have an electronic record system that speeds up the process of sending your records, confidentially, by fax and email. You must sign a consent form before we can send any records or information.
- The completion of disability, school, or work related forms and documents must be done in person and is billed as an office visit. When a form is being filled out for you, you must be present in order to provide the best and most recent information for the many questions. These evaluations are not covered by insurance companies and necessitate information about other elements of your condition which, in turn, requires tedious paperwork.
- I will always require a copy of your driver’s license to verify your identity as part of HIPPA regulations. We need your most updated insurance card in order for us to call and help obtain payment for your treatment. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes of employment, phone number or address.
- LEGAL RELATED TREATMENT OR EVALUATION I am a Fellow of the American Board of Forensic Examiners and Board of Forensic Medicine (ABFE), the world’s largest forensic science association. I can conduct forensic research and examinations as a physician in the field of psychiatry and have provided testimony as a professional. Please be aware, if you are court ordered or attorney referred for treatment or evaluation, that your medical records may not be protected by HIPAA laws and may be public records and you waive your privacy rights. You must fill out the consent form so we can discuss your case with your attorney. COURT ORDERED evaluations and disability evaluations are NOT COVERED by insurance companies and you will need to pay at time of service. A retainer will be required with all ATTORNEY related cases.
- Dr. Lawrence Tucker is a medical review officer that has meet all credentialing standards under CFR 49 Part 40 that defines the alcohol and drug testing requirements for US Department of Transportation regulated safety sensitive employees. Our practice is certified with Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) by the United States department of Transportation (US D.O.T) credentialed to conduct EAP evaluations. Therefore, if you have been referred by an employer these evaluations are long and detailed. Therefore, expect these to be at least 2 to 3 hours in nature. As a Medical Review officer Dr. Lado act as an independent gatekeeper and advocate for the integrity of the drug testing process.
- We treat pain killer addiction without the need of hospitalization. WE DO NOT PRESCRIBE METHADONE OR ANY OTHER NARCOTIC DRUGS. Please save yourself time and money buy not looking for these drugs in my practice. However I can successfully take you off the narcotics that are no longer effective for your pain. This done with new treatment modalities such as BUPERNORHPRINE also known asSuboxone. You will need an initial evaluation that is usually covered by most insurance companies. However, the second visit that consists of SUBOXONE INDUCTION is not covered by most insurance companies including Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross and Blue Shield. You will have to pay for this portion of the treatment. Please inform yourself of coverage, by contacting your insurance provider, prior to making an appointment for this treatment. Follow up treatment is usually covered by insurance companies for suboxone detox and maintenance.
- We always perform a Urine Drug Screen and a highly specialized computerized test with the sole purpose in helping in diagnosis and treatment to better help you. Unfortunately not all insurance will pay for it and therefore you will be responsible for the payments of the test(s).
- Please remember to bring all empty prescription bottles at each visit. Pharmacists are known to make mistakes and patients do not always know the exact name of their medication (s). Often these are common reasons why medications are not working and patients have unusual side effects.
- The use of cell phones, recording devices, or any other digital device is prohibited according to the HIPAA Privacy Act. Therefore your phone will not work in our office. This is done to ensure the privacy of patients, staffs, and your treatments.
- If you are not satisfied with my practice and decide to post a complaint in physician review websites, please note that you will LOOSE your HIPPA PRIVACY in order for me to respond to any derogatory information. This means that your record will be public. You are free to do as you wish however we also would have explain any negative information should you have some.
- INTEGRITY AND TRUST is an important part of your recovery. If you are not honest with me, then I cannot help you. Recovery of your illness requires that you are honest with yourself, first. You must avoid deceptivelyingratiating, or gaining approval of, others as it will lead to self deception and failure of treatment and eventually your own demise.
I treat a variety of psychiatric and psychological problems. These include:
- Suboxone Outpatient Detox for patients addicted to pain medications
- Post traumatic Stress Disorders
- Panic Phobias
- Memory and Behavioral Problems of the Aged
- Addictive Disorders
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Anxiety and Stress Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Personality problems leading to dysfunction in relationships
- Grief and Loss
- Eating Disorders
- Unexplained symptoms or emotions that have failed all treatment modalities